- Tips for Improved Health and Wellness at Home
- How to Lose Weight Fast: 5 Easy Evidence-based Steps …
- 47 Best Healthy Weight Loss Foods | Eat This, Not That!
- 51 Healthy Overnight Oats Recipes for Weight Loss | Eat …
- Wheat Bread Isn’t Actually The Best For Weight Loss, Says New Study – Eat This, Not That
|Search Weight Loss Topics:|
Category Archives: Life Affirming
Posted: October 5, 2021 at 8:34 pm
Image Source: Unsplash
Confidence is not a skill that is learned, rather it is a state of mind based on your everyday actions. Good work-life balance, a healthy diet, and regular exercise are excellent ways to develop confidence. But, there will be days when self-doubt takes over, making it tough to tackle challenges whether at work or in your personal life. If this state of mind persists for a long period, it can affect your wellbeing and prevent you from achieving your goals.
In this article, we go over four effective ways you can overcome self-doubt and build confidence.
1. Set Achievable Goals
Have you ever set a lofty goal of writing a book, developing a physique, or learning an instrument? But abandon it feeling you will never be able to achieve it. This is a common situation that stems from self-doubt.
Instead of focusing on the result, set small achievable milestones for yourself. These can include – writing 1000 words, exercising, or playing the instrument for 30 minutes daily. Doing this consistently for a few days will help you build confidence. Why? Because instead of creating a negative conclusion in your mind, you are committing yourself to practicing a hobby you like. This also leads to a feeling of gratification and reduces stress.
2. Learn to Meditate
Often the root cause of low confidence is a whirl of negative thoughts reinforcing the idea that you’re not good enough. An effective way to counter and overcome these thoughts is to meditate.
The simplest way to meditate is to sit in a quiet place and focus on your breathing. As you breathe your mind will race with thoughts, such as “I’m not capable,” “I’m not good enough,” etc.
Usually, you would stop here and let these thoughts take over, however, while meditating keep your focus on your breathing. In time you will feel a sense of calm, and the ability to control your thoughts.
Additionally, you can try practicing visualization. According to Better Help, visualization involves thinking about the best possible outcome, such as you acing that presentation, winning a competition, or giving an amazing speech to a large audience. The goal is to condition yourself to think positively and gain the ability to tackle all obstacles.
3. Prioritize Work-Life Balance
According to a study, 85% of workers have reported their well-being declining over the last year and experiencing burnout. Additionally, the likelihood of burnout is found to be higher in managers.
Burnout can lead to a reduction in productivity and bad decision-making. Moreover, strained relationships with subordinates can further increase your self-doubt by making you question your abilities as a manager.
For managers, balancing workload with leisure is important to work to the best of their abilities. Here are some ways to do it:
- Set a schedule with a combination of in-office and remote days
- Zenbusiness suggests utilizing your leaves for vacations when needed; these can be a quick 1 to 3 day trip out of town
- Organize bi-weekly calls with team members to discuss topics beyond work, this helps in team building and serves as a good distraction from having work-related conversations
4. Focus on Being Healthy
Your confidence stems from how you feel about yourself, mentally and physically. Here are some ways to develop high levels of self-confidence:
- Eat Right: Focus on eating a balanced diet and cutting out processed foods. This will make you feel healthier, energetic and improve your self-esteem.
- Stay Fit: The link between exercise and self-confidence is well documented. Dedicate at least 30 minutes a day towards exercise as it leads to the release of serotonin and dopamine, uplifting mood, and boosting self-esteem.
- Sleep Well: Getting insufficient sleep increases stress on your body and mind in addition to reducing the ability to think critically. Strive to get between 6-8 hours of sleep each day, allowing yourself to get plenty of rest and feel active in the morning.
By following these activities, you will notice a significant change in your confidence levels, allowing you to have the courage and energy to achieve your goals.
This resource guide is just one example of the great content you can find on the Cool Kinetic Beautiful Weight Loss and Diet Library website.
Posted: October 19, 2021 at 10:26 pm
Photo via Pexels
Self-care at home became an incredible lifestyle trend during the pandemic, and this trend towards DIY wellness isn’t going away any time soon. The pandemic revealed that we don’t need gyms, spas, or fitness centers to practice self-care. Still, many of us have dropped some of the healthy habits we picked up at the beginning of the pandemic. To get back on track, check out these tips and resources!
Stick to Your Routine
Sticking to a health and fitness routine isn’t easy. Instead of relying on your goals for motivation, try making small commitments, building your habits slowly, and creating a home fitness space where you can work out daily.
- Establish attainable goals as you work to build long-term habits. Start slow, make micro-commitments, and build upon your habits at your own pace.
- Commit to the journey instead of focusing solely on your desired destination.
- Build a home gym for greater convenience. An improvement like this could also increase your home value!
Optimize Your Eating Habits
It’s easy to indulge in unhealthy eating habits when you’re stuck at home all day. Here are some resources to help you get your diet back on track!
- At every meal, try to fill at least half of your plate with fruits and vegetables.
- Choose whole grains over highly processed carbohydrates for stable energy all day long.
- Understand the importance of gut health and commit to a diet that supports a healthy gut microbiome.
- Eat slower to avoid overeating. Try putting your fork down or taking a sip of water after each bite.
- Use CKB.tv to research different diet, food, and weight loss articles.
Prevent Strains and Injuries
Ergonomics is just as important in your bedroom and home gym as it is in your office. Incorporate good posture and movement practices into every aspect of your daily life!
- In your home office, consider repositioning your monitor to facilitate an ideal posture during computer work.
- Ensure your mattress and pillow offer an appropriate level of support and cushioning to keep your spine aligned during sleep.
- Take steps to prevent injuries during workouts, like warming up properly beforehand.
At-home health and fitness is a popular topic. And for good reason! Working self-care into your daily home life is a fantastic way to support your mind and body, whether we’re in a pandemic or not.